Pro-Ject X1 B
Ready for the next step!
Welcome to a new generation of X-Line turntables
|Speed||33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)|
|Speed variance||33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%|
|Wow & flutter||33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%|
|Platter||20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl|
|Main bearing||stainless steel/brass|
|Tonearm||8,6” carbon/aluminium sandwich|
|Effective arm length||218,5 mm|
|Effective tonearm mass||10,0g|
|Tracking force range||0 – 30mN|
|Included accessories||15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat|
|Power consumption||5,0 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby|
|Dimensions||415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight|
EISA Best Product 2019 – 2020
The Pro-ject name is synonymous with value-for-money turntables built in Europe. Since 1991 the company has arguably been leading the vinyl revival, and the X1 is its latest reinvention of the classic Pro-Ject 1 deck that started it all. Look beyond the gloss finish, using eight layers of paint and several rounds of hand-polishing – yes, on an affordable turntable – and you’ll find just about every aspect of the design has been improved, from the MDF plinth to the platter, the motor suspension and speed control, and the carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm. Even the pre-fitted cartridge is new, being made by Ortofon and tuned by Pro-Ject. This is surely the best sub-€1000 turntable package on the market.
Hi-Fi Choice reviews the X1
Excellent low-cost turntable package with an upbeat sound. Pro-Ject’s X1 is an impressive turntable package.
hi-fi news reviews the X1
An accomplished design in its own right. It’s pretty much there in terms of being the best value. More than just a worthy successor to the original.
David Price, Paul Miller
AVTech media awarded the X1
More than just a worthy successor to the original, the X1 is a highly accomplished design in its own right.
Analog Planet reviews the X1
Best Under $1000 Turntable Package
Conclusion: It’s quiet, has very good speed control, is easy to use and the tone arm is good enough to be used with cartridges costing near the X1’s price and beyond.
Stereo reviews the X1
In every sense a great turntable that assures many years of listening pleasure. No idea how many Pro-Jects have come to me in my reviewer life. And they have always romped around the best and often times even led in their price range. Pro-Ject shows how it’s done.
Stereo reviewed the EISA-awardet X1
Overall, the X1 is certainly the strongest turntable package below 1000 euros on the market.
Bathe in the atmosphere and swing in high resolution
• And that‘s exactly what we want to hear from a good record player: flair, lots of liveliness, and audiophile splendor, with a great atmosphere.
• But the X1 brought the miracle to life. Loads of passion, everything is surprisingly relaxed. Then the bright impulses, the defined space.
• The X1 showed contour, powerfully, straightforward.
• It‘s here the X1 showed its qualities, light, elegant, and very groovy.
• Here again, we recognized the brilliant match up of drive, tonearm, turntable, and pickup – very clever.
The X1 is one of the top offers in the league
• In the case of the X1, this means a rock solid MDF chassis without unnecessary hollow spaces, which counteracts an unclean “boxy sound”
• The supplied, transparent conductor has definitely audiophile qualities in that it allows a more relaxed, spatial and homogeneous reproduction. The cable thus forms the successful end piece of the ambitiously made X1.
• The new X1 was no exception, it showed what you get for the money, sounded lively, accurate, well organized and clean.
• The Austrian sorted the details so neatly and placed the percussion that sounded as coming in from the next door room so clearly to the back right.
“Entry into a truly Hi-Fi world in the sense of “real”“
• A more neutral reproduction, without coloration, firmer too, less spectacular in the beginning, but finally more faithful in comparison with a model of the Debut range.
…hard to beat
It’s a solid, composed and competent performer
… floating the sound way beyond the physical boundaries of my loudspeakers. Vocals dominated the centre of the mix, giving things even more impact. There was decent stage depth too…
I was also impressed by the X1’s fine tonality
enjoyably impactful sound.
The X1 served up a powerful and detailed sound…
it acquitted itself in a controlled and confident manner. This made the music highly enjoyable…
Here it showed fine speed stability too.
Pro-Ject’s new X1 is something of a star.
A level where nothing distracts from the musical pleasure and the vinyl experience
• From the first rotations, the quietness and the absence of mechanical noise were impressive.
• Against this black background, the details of each recording shone with clarity.
• Vocals flowed naturally positioned dead center of the stage, while instruments were all presented in their own space with appropriate depth and clarity.
• The X1’s stereo imaging ability and the air between the instruments gave recordings remarkable realism.
• The X1 was live and balanced, delivering satisfying bass with volume and impact. Treble was a match without any harshness.
Audio reviewed the X1
Pl, Nr. 2/2020
On the top! It‘s a proposition for those who want to hear as much vinyl as possible.
Unleash the full power
Simply upgrade your X1 B to a MC cartridge, connect it with one of our new True Balanced Phono Cables to your phono preamp and benefit from an interference-free signal with increased dynamics & lower noise level.
Mini XLR Output
One cable connects it all
We offer a wide range of balanced phono cables with different connectors to fit all our phono preamps. If you want to use your X1 B with a Phono Box S3 B you need a „Connect it Phono Mini XLR / Mini XLR“.
A perfect match!
Pair your X1 B with one of our new balanced Phono Boxes and benefit from a fully balanced signal transmission to your phonp preamplifier. Check out our new Phono Box S3 B & DS3 B for further information.
Real high-end features.
Azimuth & VTA
The X1 comes with fully adjustable Azimuth & VTA. It offers you the possibility to modify your X1 as you want it.
Damped & height adjustable
The three height adjustable damped aluminium feet guarantee the perfect stand & massively reduce risk of acoustical feedback.
1,5 kg Platter
Resonance free acryl
The perfect platform to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
High precision motor control
A sophisticated DC/AC generator board generates clean and stable power to drive the motor. Easily change speed with the push of only a single button.