Pro-ject X2 B
The beginning of a balanced era.
Welcome to a new generation of X-Line turntables
|Speed||33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)|
|Speed variance||33: 0.25% 45: 0.20%|
|Wow & flutter||33: 0.12% 45: 0.10%|
|Signal to noise||70 dB|
|Platter||30mm thick, 2 kg heavy acryl|
|Main bearing||stainless steel/brass|
|Tonearm||9” carbon/aluminium sandwich|
|Effective arm length||230 mm|
|Effective tonearm mass||13,5g|
|Tracking force range||0 – 30mN|
|Included accessories||15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat|
|Power consumption||4,5 watts max / 0.3 watt standby|
|Dimensions||460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD)|
EISA Best Product 2022 – 2023
Earlier this year Pro-Ject launched The True Balanced Technology line for phono reproduction. The benefits clearly convinced the EISA jurors immediately. We hope that in the future the whole industry will adopt True Balanced Connection for phono so more and more vinyl enthusiasts can benefit from it. There has never been a better time to enjoy vinyl records than today.
“S for Satisfying“
• There was no doubt that balanced was superior in every way possible. It just went on and on: background noise reduction, openness, a wider and deeper soundstage.
• What I heard in balanced mode, even with the record deck delivering a single-ended output, elevates this purchase to four-figure levels.
• Immediately apparent, for disarming sceptics, were bottom octave solidity and a greater sense of space.
• What balanced operation did was give the voice greater prominence both in terms of its separation from the backing musicians and in three-dimensional terms, moving it slightly forward.
• What matters is that this sub-£2k package came within a whisker of a revered £40k analogue front-end.
“The X2 B feels truly revolutionary“
• Go for fully balanced operation all the way from stylus to preamp, and something magical happens.
“There is – as mentioned – no competition“
• A turntable, a special appearance from Ortofon, and the perfect-fit phono amp. Together it becomes magical. The price is still humane, but the sonic gain is great beyond all expectations.
“A fascinating and emotionally engaging vinyl set“
• For the fully balanced and thus interference-resistant design from the signal generation to the output from the phono stage, a multiple would have to be paid elsewhere. For just under two and a half grand, the proud buyer acquires a fascinating and emotionally engaging vinyl chain from the turntable market leader.
“It is difficult to find a turntable that offers so much for this price“
• The X2 B is more than just another turntable with a sensational price/performance ratio from Pro-Ject – it belongs to the brand new „True Balanced Connection“ range.
“The sound improves significantly with balanced cabling“
• The symmetrically driven Pro-Ject countered with spirited bass and even more finely articulated treble: powerful, stable and with a warm timbre.
The X2 B features our revolutionary True Balanced Connection
We’re launching a whole line of new “True Balanced Connection” components that feature a balanced connection for your phono setup. The X2 B shows off this brand new phono technology.
Turntables look back on a long history. Over time, many things have changed, not only from technical possibilities, but also from the environment. Wireless networks are omni present and countless electronic devices make your home „smarter“. This means there are now a lot of additional electromagnetic fields, which could interfere with your turntable‘s signal. This was simply not the case 30 years ago. To ensure the best connection to your phono preamplifier we designed our „True Balanced Connection“.
WHAT’S TRUE BALANCED?
Balanced audio connections are usually known from the professional sector like recording studios or live concerts. It is very important to have a stable & interference free connection, as these signals will be highly amplified. The same applies to the connection from your turntable to the phono preamplifier. The big advantage of a balanced connection is its ability to remove picked up noise and interferences. And best of all, cartridges by nature are already balanced signal transducers! With True Balanced your are simply using everything, literally everything, that your cartridge is picking up from the record groove. You are not throwing away half of the usable signal, like is done in typical single-ended RCA phono connections.
The X2 B comes with mini XRL and RCA outputs and with our standard semi-balanced Connect it Phono E RCA cable. By upgrading it to our fully balanced mini XLR to mini XLR version (available separately) and using a balanced phono stage, like our Phono Box S3 B or DS3 B, you are fully set-up for the True Balanced experience. This leads to increased dynamics, less noise and improved signal to noise ratios. You can imagine it, like hearing parts of your music that literally were not there before.
Unleash the full power
Connect your X2 B with one of our new True Balanced Phono Cables to your phono preamp and benefit from an interference-free signal with increased dynamics & lower noise level.
Mini XLR Output
One cable connects it all
We offer a wide range of balanced phono cables with different connectors to fit all our phono preamps. If you want to use your X2 B with a Phono Box S3 B you need a „Connect it Phono Mini XLR / Mini XLR“.
A perfect match!
Pair your X2 B with one of our new balanced Phono Boxes and benefit from a fully balanced signal transmission to your phonp preamplifier. Check out our new Phono Box S3 B & DS3 B for further information.
The X2 B retains all the real high-end features the original X2 had on offer.
Azimuth & VTA
The X2 B comes with fully adjustable Azimuth & VTA. It offers you the possibility to modify your X2 as you want it.
High-end MC cartridge
The Ortofon Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth & is the perfect partner for our new X2 B.
2 kg Platter
Resonance free acryl
The perfect platform to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
High precision motor control
A sophisticated DC/AC generator board generates clean and stable power to drive the motor. Easily change speed with the push of only a single button.
Damped & height adjustable
The three height adjustable damped aluminium feet guarantee the perfect stand & massively reduce risk of acoustical feedback.
9” Carbon-Aluminium Tonearm
Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 B can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight.
Made in EU
Made in Europe by a turntable factory with decades of experience, it is a true hi-fi turntable which using our new True Balanced Connections takes your vinyl hobby to the next level.