Pro-Ject Colourful Audio System
Colourful Audio System
True Analog HiFi Stereo System
Debut Carbon EVO, Speaker Box 5 S2 & MaiA S3 with Connect it LS S2 & Damp it
The Colourful Audio System Offers It All.
True HiFi Stereo
Sound Stage of a Live-Concert
Warm Sound Experience
Wireless Hi-Res Bluetooth
TV, radio, CD player, etc.
In Beautiful Colours
Guaranteed Spare Part Availability
Handmade in EU
Assembled by experienced technicians
In the Box.
Debut Carbon EVO
Famous best buy turntable
The new Debut Carbon EVO features the proven 8,6‘‘ one piece Carbon tonearm design. In combination with the premium Ortofon 2M Red cartridge the super stiff, but lightweight tonearm delivers an insane sound quality with a convincing sound stage.
Micro HiFi amplifier incl. streaming
This stylish amplifier offers low noise and solid output power for audiophile playback. Additionally a subwoofer or another power amplifier can be connected. A headphone 6,3mm connection is also provided. The included remote control makes usage a piece of a cake.
Speaker Box 5 S2
Matching 2-way monitor speaker
The noble satin finish or real wood veneer is now coming to a limited edition of our beloved Speaker Box 5 S2.
Special damping feet
Special rubber feet for optimal isolation of the the speaker from the turntable. A must when turntable and speaker are on the same level.
Connect it LS S2
2x 3m high quality speaker cable
Connect it LS S2 is a high quality speaker cable, consisting of four 0,96mm² Solid Core conductors with circular array geometry.
All Made in EU
A sustainable marvel
Made in Europe by factories with decades of experience. A truly sustainable hi-fi stereo system that looks and sounds sublime.
Debut Carbon EVO
The heart of the set. Our most popular
turntable design improved in every aspect.
|Debut Carbon EVO|
|Speed||33, 45/(78) (electronic speed change)|
|Included accessories||15V DC / 0,8A power supply, dust cover, 78 RPM round belt, 7‘‘ single adapter|
|Power consumption||4W / 0W standby|
|Dimensions||415 x 113 x 320mm (WxHxD)|
|Dustcover open: 415 x 365 x 405mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||6 kg net|
|Power output||2x 23W / 40W at 8 / 4ohms (1% THD)|
|Standby power consumption||< 0,5W|
|Included accessories||Remote control, power suppl|
|Weight||1070 g without power supply|
|Speaker Box S2|
|Nominal impedance||8 Ohm|
|Dimensions||160 x 271 x 215mm (WxHxD)|
|Included accessories||Speaker grills (black)|
“Sounding wholly convincing digging out an impressive amount of low end weight“
• The MaiA S3 works in details that other amplifiers miss producing something genuinely rousing.
… impressive bass response. The Debut has improved considerably in this regard over the years and the Carbon EVO is the best manifestation yet.
… this is some of the best analogue bass you can currently get your hands on for under £500 and it puts the Pro-Ject above many equivalently priced rivals.
… it involves and demands your attention in a way that is fairly unusual for such a relatively affordable design.
… a turntable that is staggeringly competent …
… provides a performance that is easy equal of any remotely price equivalent rival…
Everything about it says it has reached maturity
… gorgeous finish of its new satin colourways.
… room is bathed in its rich, full bodied tone.
… a magnificently plush midrange…
… so much warmth and … plenty of weight in the bass.
It is also partnered with a great deal of detail and texture.
“Everything was solid and immediate”
• For those just wanting a good, small, simple, fuss-free amplifier, the MaiA S3 will be perfect.
James Michael Hughes
This little sucker cooks
This EVO has enough élan to exorcise any snobbery.
… found this turntable to be the budget-constrained perfect-pitchfanatic’s dream deck.
the Debut Carbon EVO is greater than the sum of its parts.
… giving you a made-in-Europe turntable/arm/cartridge with pedigree and performance sofar beyond its market category as to embarrass the rest.
Whoever combined and ‘voiced’ the three elements of turntable, tonearm and cartridge has displayed system-assembly genius.
… the resultant sound was in-the-room/in-your-face, as-real-as-you-need presence. And that’s magic.
The Pro-Ject is still a big, confident sounding turntable
… the sheen finishes really do look very contemporary …
… this is a seriously quiet turntable.
…the Carbon EVO is in a different league.
The biggest gains are in the soundstage and bass.
… the Pro-Ject hits harder and goes deeper.
… this is a turntable that tends to flow through music…
… the tonality of the Carbon EVO is very good…
“The MaiA S3 is a solid base“
• Newer aptX™-based Bluetooth devices deliver superior streaming quality.
• The S3 offers easy-to-operate, minimalist controls.
• I was suitably impressed with the performance.
• The Pro-Ject MaiA S3 is a superb entry-level integrated amplifier for vinyl enthusiasts and wider music fans seeking a compact design with plenty of inputs.
• It can still put out a surprising volume.
• If you’re seeking a non-pretentious entry to audiophile vinyl playback in a home where space comes at a premium, the MaiA S3 is a solid base from which to nurture your obsession for music on wax.
“Delighted with the performance out of the box“
• It‘s hard to argue that the trio looks fantastic.
• The Carbon Evo is superbly made, isolated from the outside world in a way that most affordable turntables simply aren’t and it’s a breeze to setup.
• The Maia is sturdy and attractive – superbly made.
• The Carbon Evo delivers – vinyl here is a Hi-Fi one.
• It effortlessly fills my listening space
• The Maia is a potent, rhythmically assured and usefully spacious-sounding amp that does a very neat trick of balancing excitement and energy.
• I watched a week of TV through the Pro-Ject and I enjoyed all of it.
• The Speaker Box 5 S2 is an unreasonably good speaker. There’s a fundamental ‘rightness’ to the way it makes music
• What the Pro-Ject System does so well is give you the integration, flexibility, and convenience of an all-in-one but in a manner that is entirely Pro-Ject and tremendously appealing as a result.
• This is more great affordable Hi-Fi but done in a way that is brilliantly user-friendly. It’s hard to see the result as anything other than a Best Buy.
“This is what an affordable amp should be.“
• The performance with a wide range of sub £1k speakers is a heady blend of realism and engagement spread over a selection of inputs with impressive real world appeal.
• The Maia S3 might be compact but it feels sturdy in its all metal casework.
• Without ever sounding like it is under strain, the Maia S3 delivers a sound that is room filling and that exerts a control that keeps it sounding fast and musical.
• It consistently digs out information and works it into the mix.
• The Maia S3 works in details that other amplifiers here miss and even when things are fairly chaotic, the effect is consistently enjoyable.
• If vinyl is a big part of your listening, there’s not much at a similar price level that is able to mix the low noise levels and genuine musical engagement like this one can.
• The Maia S3 delivers a performance and flexibility across those connections that is hard to match at the price. Pro-Ject’s affordable integrated keeps getting better and the Maia S3 has to be seen as a Best Buy.
“Little Amplifier with a big heart”
• The amplifier’s ability to sound delicate and refined, yet turn on the weight and power when required while keeping its balance and clarity, is mightily impressive.
…majors on all the most important aspects of vinyl LP – passion, emotion and fun.
• …has a lush midband that‘s warm without being woolly.
• …this gutsy deck revelled in supplying a joyous amount of bottom end.
• The sense of separation was nothing short of breathtaking…
• …a soundstage that easily reached beyond my speakers…
• Pro-Ject‘s Debut Carbon EVO sounds closer to a mid-level turntable than a super-budget one – and that‘s its genius. A self-assured sound with no nasties, allied to an easy-going yet engaging personality will win it many fans.
It‘s a winner
• With the EVO you were there.
• The EVO added new sonic dimensions of realism.
• The EVO offered a better balance of bass tones.
• The EVO had a better take on midrange detail offering the ear an extended dynamic reach.
• The result was a greater tonal realism that you don‘t hear on a lower cost turntable.
• The soundstage of the EVO was more open and airy.
• I actually felt the EVO produced a better balance overall.
• The EVO rocked – and rocked efficiently – but also with plenty of emotion.
• If you‘re looking for a turntable up to and including £500 the first name on your list should be a Pro-Ject Debut EVO.
• The EVO deserves to completely dominate the sub-£500 market for turntables.
The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end: Impressive
The phono cable is one of the nicest I’ve seen in an entry-level turntable; it would do justice to a model costing twice as much.
the EVO did a fine job of reproducing all of this, imaging with precision and an easy, engaging sound.
The Evo seemed to add or subtract nothing from the sound – quite a compliment for an entry-level model.
with the EVO, I got the sense of just how large was Columbia’s 30th Street Studio…
Its combination of absolute ease of setup, rock-steady platter speeds, amazing tonearm, and its overall look comprise a package that’s an incredible bargain… Its low price belies the high quality of its engineering and construction. It’s a winner.
• The shielded, directional phono cable included in the box appears far more substantial than the no-frills RCA interconnect usual at this price point.
• The Pro-Ject promises good sound while asking for very little in return: not much of your space, not much of your money, not much fuss. There‘s something kind of Zen about that.
• The single sounded dynamically expressive, propulsive, and juicy, just begging to be turned up.
• The EVO rendered it delightfully big.
• The EVO can produce a wide and tall soundstage.
• Ultimately, what this record player demonstrated – clearly – is the all-important distinction between sound and music.
• If there‘s a design parameter more crucial than a hi-fi component‘s ability to hold our attention and enable us to feel things, I don‘t know what it is. The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO does this consistently, emphatically, at an attainable price.
See what Andrew had to say about the Speaker Box 5 S2!
This is a fantastic turntable that will last vinyl-loving audiophiles a lifetime
U.S.A. , 10.2020
• It sounds like it costs twice its price tag…
• …together the improvements offer one of the clearest, most live-feeling analog listening experiences you’ll find without spending thousands more. I’d go so far as to say that this is the nicest turntable you’ll ever need…
• The Debut Carbon Evo is not only the best sub-$1,000 turntable I’ve ever heard, but it’s also one of the most musical turntables.
• The Debut Carbon Evo brings the feeling I chase as a musician who loves listening to music
It has all the warmth and weight the vinyl format is famous for…
• The Pro-Ject is a wildly detailed listen – even the barely-there transient details are picked up on and handed over.
• …allows every record to sound coherent and convincing.
• The finish is flawlessly smooth and as reassuring as the build quality.
• …this Pro-Ject glides along with the sort of casual authority of sound that can only come from a well-sorted record player.
• But if you value a smooth, informative ride from a beautifully engineered and nice-looking record player, don’t spend any money until you’ve heard the Debut Carbon Evo.
“The surprise of the summer”
• At its best moments, this amp caught our mouths agape.
• Incredible how the MaiA S3 drives the speakers. It had enormous punch and, at the same time, the perfect knack for nuanced dynamic shifts.
• And see here: the MaiA S3 was also able to drive this heavy monster.
• You have to see this tiny amp drives human-sized loudspeakers as if it were a mere finger exercise.
• There was both drive and enthusiasm. Everything aims at speed and power.
• This amp isn‘t a pussycat but rather a tiger. In addition, accuracy we‘re used to from much larger and more expensive amps.
“I’m really, really, really – I said it 3x – happy to recommend the Speaker Box 5 S2 – I love them!”
• Overall everything was reproduced as it should be – in an incredibly pleasant way – like only top speakers can.
“It’s amazing that you can hardly notice the Pro-Ject MaiA S3’s size“
• The Pro-Ject MaiA S3 sits in a high-quality housing made of aluminum.
• The workmanship is – as you would expect from Pro-Ject precise – down to the millimeter.
• All connections and jacks sit nice and tight. Nothing wobbles or has unnecessary play.
• The hardwired digital inputs support sample rates of up to 192 kHz and a bit depth of 24 bits –
true HiRes quality.
• The MaiA S3 features a dual-mono design.
• Especially the higher frequencies are very detailed and precisely presented, which also results in a good depth staging.
• The stereo image is also wonderfully differentiated thanks to the dual-mono design.
• The instruments are well distributed in the room between and behind the speakers.
• The Pro-Ject amp’s strengths also translate well to larger speakers.
• The integrated amplifier makes a really good impression in headphone listening sessions.
• Even today, such delicacies are not found in this price range.
• The Debut Carbon EVO is no longer entry-level – it competes in a higher league.
• This is where everything that makes records fascinating comes together.
• There‘s the smooth delivery, the elegance of analog sound: A beautiful depiction of contours, here is a sculpture between the speakers.
• The bass is tight, nothing flabby, chiseled accuracy throughout.
• You can hear the superiority of analog reproduction.
The Debut Carbon Evo excited me downright with its drive
The optically so simple Debut EVO plays like a master: authentic voice- reproduction, rich bass, very robust and dynamic brass section, and grand spaciousness.
I can‘t remember hearing this disc with a turntable under 1,000 euros (and that includes CD players under 1,000 euros…) better, more energetic, more joyful, and more thrilling.
… the Debut Carbon EVO is a superb offer. There is a large selection of turntables for around 500 euros, but hardly any serious competition for the Debut Carbon EVO.
• Somehow, the Austrians manage to put together a combination of cartridge, tonearm and drive that simply sounds breathtaking.
• From the first note, we are directly in the music.
• The instruments, the voice, everything seems so alive and lifelike. The bass, drums, saxophone, or piano remain perfectly positioned in the room.
• Given the price, it‘s almost too good to be true.
Performance for experienced music lovers
The lower octaves of the orchestra remain perfectly audible, presenting and demonstrating a subtle art of articulation. The upper registers never sounded sharp or irritating, but rather contributed to the nice general clarity, that adds to the precise, deeply graduated sound stage with ease.
It is better to appreciate the overall balance, the feeling of serenity and natural breathing, which obviously does not exclude the tone and enthusiasm.
Pro-Ject improves on its copy even more
Detailed, crisp, and lively, with a knack to breathe life into mundane recordings.
The Debut Carbon EVO does not fall into our traps – on the contrary: It reproduces the entire spectrum of musical information – purely.
The debut Carbon EVO doesn’t try to water down the music or be over-analytical. It respects the nuances and modulations with unlimited musicality. That makes this turntable a complete success. The challenge of the next million has been accepted!
“An all-in-one solution for Hi-Fi systems“
•This new integrated amplifier offers more options for exceptional music quality
“So much music in such a small volume“
• This speaker does not hold the music, it carries it, brings it to life, shares it.
“So small but still kicked the *ss of other amps I had here“
• This is an amplifier that can really drive any kind of speaker.
• Incredibly pleasant and absolutely not fatiguing. I could listen to hours on end.
• The headphone output offered transparency, solid dynamics – vivid and alive.
• The MaiA was able to drive the planar magnetic headphones without a problem and sounded really good.
• It has a transient response that is absolutely superb.
• The MaiA is very resolving.
• It has superb smoothness and musicality
• Transparent, ultra clean, very natural, and neutral.
• The MaiA has become my favourite late-night headphone amp.
The turntable with much higher performance than price
• My impression was a clean, strong, and direct reproduction.
• The Debut Carbon EVO offered great detail, space, and a good rocking atmosphere with plenty of bass.
• That’s where Pro-Ject showed that it is capable of retrieving many details out of the groove with finesse. Musicians were placed accurately in their space.
• It played all kinds of genres with ease offering loads of dynamics, quality timbre, and an emotional quality usually reserved by much more expensive decks.
• Big orchestral material played with authority with very accurate placement.
• The Debut Carbon EVO cements its position in the market by doing a great job. It became somewhat of a little king among the simple, affordable turntables whose performance is miles away from its price.
“Its sound disguises its size“
• Its sound disguises its size.
• The Austrian company shows that you can pack not only features but also quality and performance into a small package.
• Overall, it‘s a performance that surprised us, even though we‘ve had plenty of experience with Pro-Ject‘s miniature units.
• It is first and foremost a stereo centerpiece where its power, dynamics, and fidelity match and blow us away.
The result exceeded all expectations
• What I especially liked was the full, rich-sounding midrange. There was no trace of lightness and lack of foundation inherent in some players of a similar class.
• The turntable drive is absolutely silent. No mechanical rumble reaches the speakers.
• There is extremely convincing bass, lively, not monotonous – double bass, big drums have recognizable timbre and texture.
• The player accurately conveys the rhythmic pattern.
• In addition to the deep, well-structured bass, we perceived a powerful drive in the lower mids and a surprisingly clear, transparent topend.