Pro-Ject RPM 10 Carbon MC Cadenza Red
High-end turntable with 10“ Evo tonearm
Clever design with true high-end sound quality
|Speed||33, 45 (electronic speed change)|
|Drive principle||Belt drive|
|Platter||10.4 kg aluminium (300 mm diameter)|
|Mains bearing||Inverted stainless steel with ceramic ball/plate|
|Speed drift||33: +/- 0.11% I 45: +/- 0.10%|
|Wow & flutter||33: +/- 0.01% I 45: +/- 0.01%|
|Signal to noise||73dB|
|Tonearm||10” EVO carbon|
|Effective arm length||254 mm|
|Effective arm mass||8.5 g|
|Tracking force||10 – 35 mN|
|Included accessories||15 volts DC / 1600 mA power supply|
|Power connection||110/240 Volt – 50 or 60 Hz|
|Power consumption||15 Watts max / < 0.3 watt standby|
|Dimensions||480 x 210 x 330 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight (Turntable)||22,0 kg net|
|Weight (Base)||14,5 kg net|
SoundStage!HI-FI awarded the RPM 10 Carbon Silver
A limited-edition version of the RPM 10 Carbon, which itself is very dark colored. Only 50 Carbon Silvers will be made.
If you’re in the same boat as me about getting a new turntable, this could be what pushes you over the edge.
Recommended Reference Component
• The RPM 10 Carbon exhibited
Pro-Ject’s even hand, and their careful mission statement of accurately reproducing music without editorializing on it.
• the most endearing quality of the RPM 10 Carbon was the way it imbued music with weight and power.
• I was blown away by the depth and control the RPM 10 Carbon dredged up.
• Huge depth and planet-spinning control emanate from this turntable. Its ability to wrap the music around its little finger absolutely transfixed me.
• I could feel the RPM 10 Carbon quietly sitting back, an impassive, unmoving anvil on which the cartridge can ply its extraction of nano-level information from the groove.
• The music had whatever character it had on the recording.
• The RPM 10 Carbon was able to untangle such complicated music without mush or confusion.
• It was more of a feeling of a larger acoustic and instruments of bigger, more realistic apparent size.
• I‘ve found the love of my audiophile life. If you’re still looking for yours, do not ignore this turntable.
Soundstage! Hi-Fi Editiors and Jason Thorpe
Audio reviews the RPM 10 Carbon Silver
PL, 03. 2019
Build: Hi-grade quality of components. Belt drive, with additional antiresonance platform, separate motor, excellent cartridge.
Sound: ‘’Juicy’’, direct, natural and precise. Presents analog in advanced form.
The look of RPM 10 Carbon is really excellent, sound is amazing, with no doubt, value for money product.
The RPM 10 Carbon uses a new extra heavy chassis which features a special CNC machined MDF plate that incorporates hard resin coated steel pellets to form an extra heavy precise sandwich construction. A special complex heat treatment and a carbon surface coating ensures superior low resonance levels. The mass-loaded chassis is effectively decoupled from its surface via the included Ground it Carbon and its magnetic feet. With two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating. The studs in the feet are only used for keeping them centered. Due to this unique feature the turntable is perfectly decoupled from the surface it is placed on. Combined with a new special polished aluminium platter with internal TPE damping and a vinyl layer on top, the inverted ceramic main bearing delivers an absolute stable turntable speed with extra low rumble. The extra heavy outboard motor unit is equipped with a precise motor control and features a built-in switch between 33 & 45 rpm. Last but not least the non-compromise 10“ Evo tonearm with conical carbon-fibre armtube and inverted bearing design ensures perfect tracking, even with demanding cartridges. Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring. Delivered with topgrade 5P phono cable „Connect it CC“ with RCA plugs (XLR as an option).
In the box:
- RPM 10 Carbon (with or without Ortofon Cadenza Red)
- Connect it 5P-CC Phono Cable
- Ground it Carbon
- Record puck
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply, spirit level
- Advanced sandwich construction of plinth with combination of MDF, carbon fibre and steel pellets
- Plinth manufactured with thermo treatment
- Mass loaded subchassis design with magnetic feet
- Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball/plate
- 7,2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter with TPE damping and vinyl mat on the top
- DC power supply with AC motor
- Precise DC driven AC generator (Speed Box) built-in
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm switching
- Outboard motor construction with massive steel base
- Pre-mounted 10“ tonearm 10 cc Evolution
- 5P Connect it Phono CC cable with RCA plugs (XLR available as an option)